Fresh produce and frozen food aren’t the only products shipped using refrigerated trucking. Pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, flowers, candles and plants are among the many items shipped using refrigerated delivery service.
What Is Refrigerated Transport?
Refrigerated transport isn’t a new kind of service since it’s been around since 1867. Back then, ice-cooled trailers and railroad cars made it possible to transport produce across many miles.
Today, trucks provide fast and efficient refrigerated delivery service to various industries. However, unlike the ice-laden cars and containers of old, today’s modern refrigerated trucks feature climate-controlled interiors. Their refrigerating unit can have temperatures go down to 55° to 22° below zero, perfect for temperature-sensitive commodities.
Benefits of Refrigerated Delivery Service
Hiring on-demand refrigerated trucking provides several essential benefits:
- Straightforward Booking Process: You can ship your temperature-sensitive goods using an efficient and timely delivery system. The process begins by scheduling a delivery and booking a vehicle. Next, provide the order details, such as the pick-up location, destination, required temperature, and cargo size. Once you agree on the quoted price, a truck will pick up your goods at the designated location.
- Economical Solution: Working with a refrigerated delivery service provider saves you more money. You don’t need to purchase and maintain delivery equipment. These service providers can offer on-demand shipment, and you take advantage of their industry experience and expertise.
- You Choose The Temperature Range: You can choose the vehicle that can offer the ideal temperature range for your goods. Some products only need to be chilled, but some goods require freezing.
- Avoid Waste: When you partner with an experienced on-demand delivery provider, you avoid product wastage. These professionals can provide ample equipment so your goods won’t spoil or go to waste, perfect for temperature-sensitive components, produce and other assets.
Products That Require Refrigerated Transport
As stated earlier, many products require refrigerated shipping, not just food items. They include the following:
- Pharmaceuticals: Vaccines, medical equipment and medicine must be stored and chilled at a particular temperature range. The efficacy of these life-saving pharmaceuticals depends on careful temperature control and safe transport.
- Beverages: Certain beverages can sour or spoil if not maintained within a recommended temperature range. These products include wine, beer and dairy products, which must be kept fresh for consumption.
- Flowers: Blossoms need to be shipped fresh when they arrive at their destination. It is best to transport them using temperature-controlled trailers and trucks, or else they can wilt along the way.
- Gum Products: Gum is particularly sensitive to temperature changes and should also be shipped in a reefer.
- Candles: Candles are sensitive to heat, and they lose form and structure quickly.
- Ice Cream and Other Food Items: Food is perishable, and each item should be stored at recommended temperatures during shipment.
Working with a seasoned refrigerated transport company ensures that your products have a longer shelf life. It also helps protect and preserve the environment from spoiled products.
Brexis has provided reliable and efficient refrigerated transport deliveries for over 20 years. We are the trusted on-demand transport provider in Indiana, and Chicago.
Call us at 866-521-4730 and our specialists will be happy to assist you.